Monday 27 February 2017

My Color Board

Art of being in a design college is that you learn a new thing almost everyday. People think that design colleges are all about basic drawing and sketching practices. To be honest, in the past 6 months, I have done 0 sketching. Not because I didn’t want to but because we were never asked to! Instead we were told about so many different things.
I mean, before joining the college, I had no clue about what pixelation was, whats paper layering and how to create an entire scene through it? whats stylisation? whats simplification? (not the one in maths) It was a new chapter everyday, and unlike schools, there wasn’t any fixed syllabus, you could go to any extent.
So it was very recently that the concept of boards was introduced to us. We had to create three boards, i.e, material board, color board and mood board. I was, firstly, excited to learn and try them out, but then i got a little confused about how to  go on with my board.
So, basically whats a mood board? Well my understanding of it is that its a composition of elements that are closely related to what the board is about. My board is on chiknkari so every element on my board is actually a part of, or related to my craft.
So this is what I came up with.

No comments:

Post a Comment