Monday 27 February 2017

Trust me "CHIKANKARI" is not an easy task!

 So yesterday I thought of making some chikankari sample myself. So I borrowed my mom’s embroidery frame and some anchor threads. She has a old rustic round box where she keeps all the “not-so-useful” stuff related to embroidery. Luckily she didn’t throw all of it and now its coming of use to me. Sounds strange but ya.  So I grabbed a basic chikan pattern from internet and tried to replicate the same.
So I tried……and I tried….and concluded that Chikankari is not easy! Its been almost a day and I haven’t been able to complete it.
So what’s my experience? Well at first it was really exciting because its something really new and unique that I was gonna do. There’s actually a rhythm that one has to follow while doing chikan work. If the needle is put at a wrong place it can spoil the beauty of the entire stitch, so it really requires your utmost concentration and focus. It also takes a lot of time. I mean, you see the flower? It actually took me a whole span of 30 mins to complete it. It’s definitely tiring but the final outcome is so pretty!
A big salute to all the chikankari workers to make an entire garment!
I’m almost halfway through the design and it was fun, I really enjoyed doing it and looking forward to completing it. Will surely post when I’m done with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment